Parents – Fleur Tarling (FT), Jacqueline Murdoch (JM), Yvonne Buchan (YB), Vicky Ross (VR), Kelly Gordon (KG), Susan Strachan (SS)
School Representative – Mrs Winton, Mrs Pert & Mrs Hidson
Gillian Robertson (GR), Shonagh Neave (SN), Karen Strachan (KS), Claire Cowe (CC) & Ann Proctor (AP).
- Welcome Apologies
- School Update
- Minutes of last meeting
- Chairperson notes:Book FayreEaster BingoThank you letters from school pupils
- Santa Shop
- Valentines Disco
- Christmas Fayre
- Treasurers Report
- Mrs Winton provided an update on the staffing situation. P6 teacher post has been advertised twice, no successful applicants as yet.
- No date as yet for Mr Nicol taking over the Head Teacher role, should be no later than March.
- Mrs Winton advised that she doesn’t feel there is much of a positive attitude towards the school, a lot of negativity being reported back to the staff.
- SNSA update, Mrs Hidson & Mrs Pert to do bulletin for parents on the blog.
- Message to go on the school blog advising that there is an open door policy at Loirston Primary School & parents are more than welcome to talk with staff regarding any issues instead of posting on social media.
- JM to put a post on the Parent Council Facebook page advising that we are very short of help & support.
- Mrs Hidson & Mrs Pert to advise costings for playdale lights, cameras etc.
Minutes of last meeting
- Minutes of last meeting approved.
- “No dogs allowed” signs to be placed around the school.
- “Childrens play zone” signs to be placed around the school.
- VR to arrange the purchase of “No dogs allowed” signs & “Childrens play zone” signs.
CHRISTMAS FAYRE UPDATE
- The Christmas Fayre was successful again, we made £2154.91
- More helpers required for the Santa Shop in future to allow children choice & to help with labels.
- Mrs Hidson to arrange thank you letters for the raffles from the children.
- Mr Hidson to arrange a personal thank you letter for Tyre Services.
- FT/JM to provide letters P.C.
- It was agreed that the Parent Council will take over the running of the Book Fayre.
- Decision to be made on which days the Book Fayre will take place & whether it will run at the same time as Parents Evening.
- The Valentines Disco will be held on Tuesday 20th February 2018.
- Message to go on the Parent Council Facebook page advising that consent forms must be filled in for all children attending any discos from now on. JM to do forms.
- Consent forms to be available on the night for parents to fill in.
- Request to be put out for more helpers for the late disco.
- KG to purchase tuck.
- JM to purchase glow.
- The Easter Bingo will take place on 27th March 2018.
- FT to check with SN & find out if she is available to purchase the Easter eggs.
- SN, FT, JM, VR & YB helpers for the Easter Bingo.
- The current bank balance taking into account outstanding cheques to be cashed is £10,682,74.
- The Santa Shop made £348.23.
- The Christmas Fayre made £2154.91.
- Facebook page to be created for parent helpers.
- Learning Journey updates (lack of).
- Information on pupil council and other groups available to children.
- JM to set up Facebook page for parent helpers.
- Mrs Hidson – communicate on IT issues & groups.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday 7th March 2018.