Tel: 01224 897686 http://loirstonconnect.edublogs.org/ May 2017
We are now
Loirston School Bulletin – May 2017
We are now more than half way through the last term and are looking forward to all the events still to come and hoping that the weather of the last few days will stay with us!!
Sports Day Times
Our sports day will be on the 5th of June this session (weather permitting). Should the weather not be suitable we will Groupcall as early as possible to let you know. If Monday does not go ahead we will aim for Tuesday. Times are below for your information:
9.30am – Sports Activities on the field for P1-3
11.00am Flat races on the field for all pupils
1.30pm – Sports activities on the field for P4-7
Further information will follow nearer the time.
We are in the process of compiling the classes for next session and matching staff to the classes. We will let you know this information as soon as we are in a position to.
Primary 7 Visits to Kincorth Academy
The 2 day visit will not be on consecutive days this year. The 2 days for visits are Tuesday 13th and Thursday 15th June. On both days P7 pupils will be expected to make their own way to school which starts at 8.30. Any further information we receive will be passed on asap.
The Primary 7 Leavers‘ Assembly will be at 10am on Thursday 29th June. All parents and carers are invited to attend.
Car Parking at the front of the school
We would like to remind parents and carers that the staff car park is only for staff and that drivers must not use that area or the area at the front door for dropping off or turning their vehicles. This is highly dangerous as pupils who come by taxi are dropped off at the front door and these vehicles need access and also because of the number of vehicles that need to use the area.
Pupils should access the school by the appropriate unit door at the start and end of the day unless there are special circumstances which have been communicated to the school. The safety of a pupil who is using the front door cannot be guaranteed because of the number of vehicles that need to access it.
• Tuesday 30th May P1 Parent Transition Meeting 7pm
• Thursday 1st June P7 Enterprise –Cookie & Muffin sale
• Saturday 3rd June Cove Gala 1-5pm
• Monday 5th June Sports Day
• Tuesday 6th June Nursery Parent Transition Meeting 7pm
• Tuesday 13th/Thursday 15th June P7 at Kincorth Academy
• Wednesday 14th June Kids Day Out for Yellow 8 pupils
• Thursday 15th June P4 Visit to Satrosphere
• Thursday 15th June New P1 Visits
• Tuesday 20th/Thursday 22nd June Nursery Trips to Drum Castle
• Thursday 22nd June P4/5 Visit to Satrosphere
• Thursday 22nd June P2 Trip to Aden Country Park
• Friday 23rd June P7 Prom
• Tuesday 27th June Nursery Sports Day
• Thursday 29th June Leavers Assembly 9.30am
• Friday 30th June Last Day of Term
• In-Service Day – Monday 21 August 2017
• Term Starts – Tuesday 22 August 2017
Acting Head Teacher