LOIRSTON PRIMARY PARENT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 24/01/2017
Parents – Ann Proctor (AP), Emma Kennedy (EK), Gillian Robertson (GR), Karen Strachan (KS), Shona Vance (SV), Claire Cowe (CC), Shonagh Neave (SN), Tracey Robinson (TR), Ash Graham (AG) and Kelly Gordon (KG).
School Representative – Mrs Pert and Mrs Mitchell
Fleur Tarling (FT) and Lindsay Strachan (LS)
• School News Update and welcome Mrs Mitchell
• Christmas Fayre feedback
• Treasurer’s Report
• Dates for Diary
• Mrs Mitchell is now acting head teacher and has had a fantastic couple of weeks at Loirston.
• John our janitor is leaving us after many years of service. A leaving assembly is to be held on Friday 27th of January and we are welcome to attend. Our new janitor will start with us soon.
Mrs Pert to confirm dates for upcoming school events.
Mrs Pert and Mrs Mitchell to ask teachers to distribute the donation letter for John that should have come home. At this point, not all children have received their letters to take home.
CHRISTMAS FAYRE FEEDBACK
• We have had some positive feedback regarding the fayre.
• The gazebo loaned to us by the Cove Gala committee may have been damaged during it’s time in our care. The parent council have offered to pay for a replacement and await confirmation from the Gala committee.
• Thank-you letters have been prepared by the Parent Council for those who kindly donated towards the raffle. AP asked the school if they would supply pupil letters. Mrs Pert and Mrs Mitchell agreed.
School to organise pupil thank-you’s.
• The above profits were made from the parent council activities in the run up to Christmas.
• The current bank balance taking into account outstanding cheques to be cashed is £11,032.
• Discussion had regarding how the parent council funds can be utilised for the school. AP suggested next year the Parent Council could subsidise the P7 Dalguise trip. Mrs Mitchell suggested the Parent Council could possibly pay for the bus next year.
Mrs Mitchell and Mrs Pert to consider how the Parent Council can contribute to school supplies.
DATES FOR THE DIARY
• As Valentine’s Day falls on an in-service day this year, we will hold a ‘neon’ themed disco instead on the 28th of February 2017.
P1-3 doors open at 6pm, disco from 6.15pm to 7pm
P4-7 disco from 7.15pm to 8.15pm
• Easter Bingo will be held on the 28th of March 2017.
Discussion to be had at next meeting re an Easter Bonnet competition and to organise helpers. Possible move of the tuck shop to the hall and more helpers on tuck required based on last year’s feedback.
• Summer Disco to be held on Tuesday 13th of June 2017.
• Prom to be held on Friday 23rd of June 2017.
Deposit has been paid to the hotel. Letters detailing food choices and payment of prom will go out before the Easter holidays.
• Christmas Fayre to be held on Saturday 2nd of December 2017.
• TR raised the idea of running the bike-ability sessions for the P6 and P7’s nearer the summer. These sessions have been successfully run in the past but require parent helpers. These have run previously at a weekend to encourage as big an uptake as possible.
• Cove Gala have asked if the Parent Council would man a stall. All materials would be purchased by the Gala, only helpers sought. AP is available to help. GR can possibly help.
• Parent Council to contribute £100 to John the janitors leaving gift.
• PC insurance can facilitate parent council member’s being PVG checked. AP to get this process running for EK, KG, CC and herself.
• Discussion had regarding the new financial protocol that the school has to implement and the implications of such for the Parent Council.
Carried fwd from previous meetings – Mrs Pert to confirm parent council bulletin input.
AP to liaise with J McDonald regarding the Parent Council helping at Cove Gala. PC members to check availability for helping.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – TUESDAY 7th MARCH AT 6.30PM IN THE SCHOOL STAFF ROOM. ALL PARENTS/ CARERS WELCOME.