Please copy and paste the link below to your browser to participate in our Parental Involvement Survey.
It will run from today until the 16th April.
We value your opinions and hope you will participate.
Tuesday 27th March 2018.
Doors Open 6.15 pm
Eyes Down 6.30 pm
Entry Adults £1 Children 50p (Tea, coffee, juice & biscuits incl.)
Books: £1 for 4 games and a free game of Irish Bingo
Easter Bonnet Competition, prize for best bonnets
Parents – Fleur Tarling (FT), Jacqueline Murdoch (JM), Yvonne Buchan (YB), Vicky Ross (VR), Kelly Gordon (KG), Susan Strachan (SS)
School Representative – Mrs Winton, Mrs Pert & Mrs Hidson
Gillian Robertson (GR), Shonagh Neave (SN), Karen Strachan (KS), Claire Cowe (CC) & Ann Proctor (AP).
- Welcome Apologies
- School Update
- Minutes of last meeting
- Chairperson notes:Book FayreEaster BingoThank you letters from school pupils
- Santa Shop
- Valentines Disco
- Christmas Fayre
- Treasurers Report
- Mrs Winton provided an update on the staffing situation. P6 teacher post has been advertised twice, no successful applicants as yet.
- No date as yet for Mr Nicol taking over the Head Teacher role, should be no later than March.
- Mrs Winton advised that she doesn’t feel there is much of a positive attitude towards the school, a lot of negativity being reported back to the staff.
- SNSA update, Mrs Hidson & Mrs Pert to do bulletin for parents on the blog.
- Message to go on the school blog advising that there is an open door policy at Loirston Primary School & parents are more than welcome to talk with staff regarding any issues instead of posting on social media.
- JM to put a post on the Parent Council Facebook page advising that we are very short of help & support.
- Mrs Hidson & Mrs Pert to advise costings for playdale lights, cameras etc.
Minutes of last meeting
- Minutes of last meeting approved.
- “No dogs allowed” signs to be placed around the school.
- “Childrens play zone” signs to be placed around the school.
- VR to arrange the purchase of “No dogs allowed” signs & “Childrens play zone” signs.
CHRISTMAS FAYRE UPDATE
- The Christmas Fayre was successful again, we made £2154.91
- More helpers required for the Santa Shop in future to allow children choice & to help with labels.
- Mrs Hidson to arrange thank you letters for the raffles from the children.
- Mr Hidson to arrange a personal thank you letter for Tyre Services.
- FT/JM to provide letters P.C.
- It was agreed that the Parent Council will take over the running of the Book Fayre.
- Decision to be made on which days the Book Fayre will take place & whether it will run at the same time as Parents Evening.
- The Valentines Disco will be held on Tuesday 20th February 2018.
- Message to go on the Parent Council Facebook page advising that consent forms must be filled in for all children attending any discos from now on. JM to do forms.
- Consent forms to be available on the night for parents to fill in.
- Request to be put out for more helpers for the late disco.
- The Easter Bingo will take place on 27th March 2018.
- FT to check with SN & find out if she is available to purchase the Easter eggs.
- SN, FT, JM, VR & YB helpers for the Easter Bingo.
- The current bank balance taking into account outstanding cheques to be cashed is £10,682,74.
- The Santa Shop made £348.23.
- The Christmas Fayre made £2154.91.
- Facebook page to be created for parent helpers.
- Learning Journey updates (lack of).
- Information on pupil council and other groups available to children.
- JM to set up Facebook page for parent helpers.
- Mrs Hidson – communicate on IT issues & groups.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday 7th March 2018.
The next parent council meeting is on Wednesday the 7th March in the Yellow 8 kitchen at 6.15pm. If there are any agenda items that parents would like to add please contact the school and we hope to issue the agenda a week before the meeting.
Loirston Parent Council Meeting, Tuesday 21st November at 6.30 pm in the Community Lounge.
Parent Council Summer Disco
Our Summer Disco this year is on Tuesday 13th June and back by popular demand is the Hawiian Theme so dust down those flip flops and come along for a fun evening!
P1-3. Doors open at 6pm for a start time of 6.15pm and ends at 7pm. Parents please ensure you child has their pennies ready as we discourage you from coming into the hall. You are welcome to sit in the Community Lounge. Parent helpers will be on hand to assist with jackets.
Entry is via the Main Door and is £1.50.
On collection, please enter via the Main Door, collect your child from the hall and exit via the Red Unit. No child will be allowed to leave without an adult.
P4-7. Time Starts at 7.15pm and ends at 8.15pm. Please note, if your child is permitted to walk home themselves, you must provide a letter stating so.
As usual there will be a tuck shop and glow stall selling Hawiian garlands, bracelets and rings with prices ranging from 20p – £1.
All profits from these discos will be donated to Olivia’s Journey.
Your Parent Council.